Friday, May 28, 2004

Why Is My Urine So Clear From Alcohol?

TROY - By ENA

This is rather a commentary by Ena.


Troy - By Ena

Just out of the cinema I wanted to * die *, I just say that I sent to this sms lau "Give me that f *** ing sword of Troy I throw out as Ajax! "

Looking back with a cool head, I say that the script is horrible and ridiculous with all the trivial Ash propina. I do not know if the pearl of the pearls and the proposal of bucolic escape of Paris to Helen, or "is not an insult to say that a dead man is dead ..." "What is this?" Priam's in front of the horse or you have given me the peace of the dying Achilles (I got the impression that she would give him anything, but never mind)

At times I laughed like crazy, or maybe I laughed to keep from crying: from Agamemnon which reunites the famous ports of Greece and Sparta and Mycenae, known to be charming places bathing, and then Ajax Hammer of Thor Achilles with his acrobatics, belly dancers in Sparta, Troy looks like a mix between Babylon and Egypt of the Pharaohs, and then all talk of "home", but which country??

That said, the actors, poor things, do what they can with this script:
Bean is very good (but the voice that would have saddled the dubbing does not convince me) ok, I'm * extremely * biased, but I thought it was very convincing and subtle seduction (as well as sexy fear)

Orlando, Puccio my beloved in the first part merely making grimace and frown, then grows with the character or perhaps because of the bow and arrows, who sa? In his defense I must say that are affected the most absurd of all the jokes. Yes, very nice view, I would have liked to see more, because otherwise withstand such torment?

Bana who, luckily, has the most well-characterized, it seemed really good, did not know him as an actor, so I made a wonderful impression, virile, compassionate at the same time (and chest!)

Peter O'Toole, I do not know, I love it since I was 9 years and will continue to love him, but, apart from the fact that the character of Priam is absolutely incomprehensible at times it seemed that he did not know quite what he was doing or where you found (which is also plausible, I doubt they knew that many on that set)

Pitt, we must talk about it? Ok, contracted jaw constantly alternating staring thoughtfully-muscles to "dance like anvedi Nandro (lone)" I do not think he had the charisma to carry the film on his shoulders (the physique du role, there is, too, and all too performed)

The female characters are completely flat, the maximum expression of the personality crying shame because the material to make them more interested they would have had.

Speaking of the movie itself, aesthetically I was not excited.
There are some beautiful scenes, like the night battle and the death of Patroclus, the duel between Achilles and Hector (although I can never forget ETTOREEEE! and hope that someone from the walls answered him with a beautiful raspberry alla romana)
Others are exciting: the dressing before the duel, the supplication of Priam to Achilles Achilles, in front of the corpse of Hector, says, "I'll see you soon, brother." On the other hand I found that chilling the fall of Troy is all a "BRISEIDEEE PARIDEEE ... ... ... PARIDEE Briseis" (and even there I * asked * to someone if they came out screaming "PAAAATROCLOOOOO).

The sets and costumes I was not convinced at all: they seemed "the festival's all a bit '" and did not contribute at all to make the whole more credible, far from it.

I did not expect to see a film version of the Iliad, I know that film has its own needs and times, I knew the final would be Paride_ed_Elena_che_se_vanno_ per_la manina_verso_il_tramonto.
I was prepared well, but I wonder why, if the stated intention was to make the most realistic and present together, they have ignored any knowledge, let alone the archaeological and literary, but even geographical available?
Why, if they wanted to make a story of business and human passions, have come pouring out instead for a meatloaf in which escape of all the motivations of the characters and everything happens too fast to be believable?
The idea that I have is that neither the writer nor the director had no idea where to end up, so the result is an epic waste of material and human resources.

However this summer, all shouting "ETTOREEEEE!" On the beaches of Mycenae. O Sparta. And 'the latest trend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment